Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Paint by numbers.

I may become a paint by number artist next break... It's been years since I picked up a paint brush but I used to wile away many hours that way.  I can't say I have been into paint by numbers for at least two decades now but out of nowhere Nick has decided he would like some art for the house, and in the spirit of mid century design it's now all about the retro painting for dummies technique.  Whilst shopping today I came across something that caught my eye and I ended up picking it up with the intention of making it a joint Easter project.


I think it looks neat, and in all honesty it was probably the right choice when one considers I was also faced with the tough decision as to whether to bring this home:
  

... I didn't.

Arriving home with the ships I got browsing to see what other paint by numbers there are out there.  It turns out there are some neat ones:
Houses of Parliment
Swiss Alps

Though I would enjoy gazing at European landscapes it isn't necessarily what Nick would want up in the house.  I then typed "Mid Century Paint by Number" into google images and was pleased to find some ships that resembled the painting I had just purchased. Finally satisfied i'd made the right decision to leave the cats behind I moved on...



The next thing that caught my eye happened to be a paint by number Jesus.  Amazing yes?  Amazing, but not as amazing as what happened next... Upon clicking on Jesus I ended up at Nick's blog SURPRISE!... It's a small world huh! 


Jesus says check out MidCenturyMidwest : )

Watch this space... We may end up with a wall o' dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment