Monday, April 22, 2013

Boot sale: Vintage Cookery Books: Countess Morphy, The Kitchen Library


Beautiful vintage cookery books found at a boot sale on Sunday -

- Countess Morphy: The Kitchen Library No 1: Soups, London Herbert Joseph, no date, c 1936
- Countess Morphy: The Kitchen Library No 5: Vegetable Dishes, London Herbert Joseph, no date, c   1936
- Countess Morphy: The Kitchen Library No 6: Sweets and Puddings, London Herbert Joseph, no date, c 1936

The paper jackets of all books are worn and have tears in places but beneath the books are in perfect condition. The oldies are always best.

2 comments:

  1. Nice old cookbooks! I have a thing for them, but I had to give most of mine to my daughter when I moved to my new "tiny nest."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! Hopefully you will still be able to borrow them time from time! I'm looking forward to trying out some of these : )

    ReplyDelete