Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
This Summer I have been all about the bulgar wheat, couscous, and quinoa salads. They are fresh, full of goodness, quick and easy to prepare, perfect on a hot day and a scrumptious accompaniment to just about anything. Here is one of my favourites.
- 150g/5½oz bulgur wheat, soaked in cold water overnight
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 50g/1¾oz pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz whole skinned almonds
- 100g/3½oz dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 2 lemons, juice only
- Follow directions on the back of bulgar wheat packaging to cook.
- Drain bulgar wheat well, press down lightly to ensure all water is removed and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Chill in fridge if preferred. Serve.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
It has been quite the while! The school year came and went before I had much chance to breath and now a new one is fast approaching. I had best get these long over due draft posts up and running before September rolls around and life gets real again. Despite not finding the time to post on Blogger I did manage to squeeze in a fair bit of Pinterest time. This website I find to be utterly addictive and a perfect no brainer way to end long day. Throughout the year I have ended many a long day in this way and have (perhaps embarrassingly) created quite the collection of pins.
One of my favourite search terms throughout the past few months would be "DIY terrarium". I can't quite get across my utter attraction to these little miniature gardens in type enough. There is something about them that appeals to my every nature and after pinning a gazillion pictures it was clear this was something that would have to enter my life space.
I followed the instructions above and popped to my nearest IKEA to pick up the resources to make it...
I can tell this won't be the last...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Several years ago I found a collection of family photograph albums at a boot sale. It made me so sad to think that nobody was left to keep them that I ended up bringing them home to take care of myself. Here are some of my favourites: