Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pomegranate tabbuleh


This Summer I have been all about the bulgar wheat, couscous, and quinoa salads.  They are fresh, full of goodness, quick and easy to prepare, perfect on a hot day and a scrumptious accompaniment to just about anything.  Here is one of my favourites.  
   
Pomegranate tabbuleh

Ingredients: 


  • 3 tbsp roughly chopped mint
  • 50g/1¾oz pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
  • 100g/3½oz whole skinned almonds
  • 2 lemons, juice only

Method:

  1. Follow directions on the back of bulgar wheat packaging to cook.
  2. Drain bulgar wheat well, press down lightly to ensure all water is removed and place in a large bowl. 
  3. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.  
  4. Chill in fridge if preferred. Serve.  


3 comments:

  1. I was sold on this recipe when I saw that it had pomegranate in it, but when I saw pistachios and mint too, I knew I had to try it. I'm making this as soon as I get home from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Oh it's the best! Lovely to hear from you again Dana! Where are you on vacation at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really delish! Healthy too! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete