Tuesday, November 6, 2012

W GERM where are you?

Got pots?



I'm currently on the look out for some West German Pottery.  Nick hopes to fill the new divider with some and is relying on me to come up with the goods.  It shouldn't be a difficult task seeing as I spent the Spring and Summer months regularly passing it up at car boot sales.  The irony behind this trail of thought is now that I am actively looking the darn pots seem to have disappeared. These little vases above are the closest i've found but they aren't really the fat lava kind that i'm looking for.  I'm hoping to find some Dumler and Breiden, Jopeko, Roth, and Scheurich in particular.  There are some beautiful pieces up for auction on our UK ebay which are mostly located in... wait for it... Germany.  They are selling for very reasonable prices but the shipping is often a pretty penny.  If I bought anymore than one or two I might be financially better off finding a cheap flight out to Germany to pick them up by hand. 


In other news, I picked up a couple of large, vintage, paint by number landscapes.  They are in original frames and in pretty good shape.  I'm debating whether I have enough wall space to hang them at home at the moment.  For 50p a piece it was worth a try! 

Lastly, something Essex...




Wait...no... 

Something dusty...I found this old map of Essex by John Cary at the bottom of an old box at one of our local charity shops.  I've learnt a little about various antiques from my father and now share an interest in some of the things he likes to collect.  Maps happen to be one of these things.   




2 comments:

  1. Isn't it always the way? The minute you start looking for something, you can't find it anywhere. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find what you're looking for, because West German pottery will be beautiful on that shelving unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. battery sprayer

    ReplyDelete