Saturday, October 1, 2011

30°C at Battlesbridge

I have forgiven England for the weather it gave my parents this Summer.... Today is the first of October, shops are full with the knitted items and boots that we would regularly be wearing by this time of year, but nobody is buying. It's beautiful out!  British people really know how to make the most of the weather - I love that! Everyone seemed to be outdoors, enjoying pub gardens, parks, beaches, picnics and bbq's.  

I spent the day between beer gardens and tea rooms at an antiques/craft centre.  Satisfying thirst, and feeding an undeniable infatuation with tea sets and the shabby chic.















Adorable! Needless to say I left full.  Something not so adorable....*Tap* *Tap* Tap* "You know i'll let you pick up anything that you like in here darling... that includes me..." *wink*... Well I couldn't even bring myself to verbally respond when on turning around I find a particularly wrinkled old man shooting the line. I smile politely, make a prediction that he must have been at least 75 and promptly make for the exit. Cheeky.

Some mid-century... Spot the Ercol.  Ercol is a British furniture manufacturer that dates back to 1920.  Later its mass produced furniture found a ready market in post-war Britain.  Ercol items were exhibited at the 1951 Festival of Britain to represent the latest style and fashion in furniture design of the period.   












No comments:

Post a Comment