Sunday, October 2, 2011

Make do and mend - Cigarette cards

I spent a fair few weekends at car boot sales this summer.  I never really go looking for anything in mind, but instead wait to see what treasures I can find.  It must have been June this year when I came across a collection of vintage cigarette cards.  One was a collection of Senior Service Dogs Cards from 1939 and the other was a gorgeous floral collection from a similar period.  I decided to revamp the collections by hand picking selections that worked well together and then framing them myself.  I hunted around the sales for some great condition hard wood frames and here was the outcome:



The process...








I placed the framed dogs collection on ebay right after finishing and to my joy it sold immediately! I plan to put the florals up later today! (no insertion fees this weekend!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment