Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Nature Notes Collection

Another beautiful day! I woke up early to make the most of the sunshine and caught a little October colour at a bustling car boot sale in Ware! It is one of my favourites and the weather brought out the masses.  It was packed! I tend to wander up and down the stalls and find myself drawn to some and repelled by others.  Books, frames, cameras, art, and china all instantly catch my attention.  Today I ended up picking up two hard back books for £1 a piece from a lady whose aunt had recently died.  One was The Nature Notes of An Edwardian Lady, and the other, The Country Diary of and Edwardian Lady.  The text was originally written in 1905, but published later in 1977 and 1989.  The illustrations inside are absolutely stunning! The paper quality, perfect!  It felt a little criminal to take a craft knife to the pages of these books, but I now have a huge collection of prints that I adore! Whilst browsing I also managed to pick up TEN hard wood vintage frames from a number of sellers.  My intention is to begin framing the new prints and create a collection.  Here is a sneak peek... 






For Sale: 



No comments:

Post a Comment