Saturday, May 25, 2013

Urban Decay - Naked palette


Last weekend Debenhams held a 20% off sale across many departments.  Though this wasn't of so much interest, I always look out for sales at Debenhams because they occasionally have a little something percent reduction in the beauty department at the same time.  Often when they hold a site wide sale they will also offer 10% off on all beauty and fragrance products.  Although this may seem like a bit of a measly discount, every little helps, and this becomes an ideal time to stock up on some higher end products. 

To make life a little sweeter, the Debenhams Beauty Club facebook page then offered an additional 5% off all beauty and fragrance for one day only, when using a code.  This equated to 15% off my regular MAC purchase of foundation which is quite excellent! Savvy, I thought. 

Oh but wait...

Congratulations Debenhams, you win!  That clever little sales tactic got me... Before I knew it the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette had fallen off the shelf into my (online) shopping basket and I was checking out.  Since investing in some MAC brushes i'd been looking for a nice all in one eyeshadow palette that I could use for everything and be done with hit and miss single pots.

There are so many great reviews of eyeshadow palettes out there and the Urban Decay palettes have generally received commendations all around. Personally I love the Naked palette because it's neutral and i'm really not a very brightly coloured person.  Friends have made comments at the sight of my wardrobe and its many shades of beige...

Neutral isn't boring, (nor is it outlandish) and the subtle shades of this palette suit me perfectly.  The colour range goes from a gritty blue gunmetal through to the palest champagne.  There are a selection of pink/reddish tones and some beautiful browns and golds.  A range of textures cover ones glitter, shimmer and matte needs. This shadow palette is suited to take you from day time, to work appropriate, and night time wear.   

The palette comes with 12 shades, a pro-quality Good Karma shadow brush, and a travel-size eyeshadow Primer Potion in orignal formula. It retails at £36.00 from Debenhams but with the discount it came down to £30.78.  At just £2.57 a shade i'm happy with the purchase, even if it was an unintentional buy.

1 comment:

  1. I've never gone in for bright eye colors either. I have always use grays and browns and pale gray or beige highlighters, with just a tiny touch of copper just above my lashes, no matter what the current fad happened to be. I find those colors enhance my blue eyes better than any others, and at 65, I need all the enhancement I can get! :) Right now I'm using Nars cream shadows, but I've used Urban Decay in the past and liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete