Monday, April 9, 2012

Foster Pup.


Stinking cute no?

So Nick and I have been fostering for a few years now.  Whilst living in Columbia we fostered for the Central Missouri Humane Society and took in Monty, Dopey, Ricky and Kiwi.  


Monty - 3yrs, Terrier/Pit Mix


Dopey - 8wk Beagle mix with a sad cherry eye and a nasty case of kennel cough.
  

Ricky - 3yr- Lab/Terrier Mix - Found as a stray. Extremely malnourished and depressed.  


 

Kiwi - 8 Wk black lab.  

I'll admit, if there was a dog equivalent of a crazy cat lady I might well fit that bill.  Sad dog stories get me everytime! See Wanda.... This face kills me.


 If it wasn't for Nick there is a chance you would see me on the next episode of Animal Hoarders.  This said, Nick isn't without his own vices,  Its been three months since my last visit and the unfinished master bedroom has been filled with more gorgeous furniture than any person could ever possibly need.  At the last count I think I found 28 unused chairs.  If you don't find me on hoarders you could well find him! I guess we are truly a well suited pair, I need him to keep the puppy problem down and he needs me to keep the MCM furnishing in line.  

Anyway, back to the puppies...  The latest addition is Henry, or Mr Henry as he is more formally known.  He came to visit two nights ago after I was unable to resist the urge to reply to a plea on Facebook from the St Louis Pet Rescue for five emergency foster carers.  We weren't actually registered with them at the time so we had to fill out an application and then go and meet the coordinators in Fenton, Mo.  Henry is a 5 week old lab.  He came from a large litter and we assume mum is no longer around to take care of them.  We have him for a few days before he will go on to hopefully find a permanent home.   Henry is pretty stinking cute to start with.  He is very laid back and a little terrified of most things... (Car rides, bath time, and wind in the trees to name a few) I almost lost him under the house this morning when a baby rabbit ran through the garden, poor soul.  So far he has been excellent at night, sleeping all the way through without any whining.  He is doing well with crate training and happily stays crated during naps, at night, or if we have to run about town.  

I'm a little afraid of him getting into trouble, what with all the vintage furniture around so I watch him like a hawk whenever he is out and about the house. He is happy to follow me everywhere, only stopping to give out a little cry if he comes across a step that defeats him.  Does Wanda or Mr Henry pull at your heart strings?  Could you give them a home?  Contact St Louis Pet Rescue for more information.  



No comments:

Post a Comment